Sunday 10 May 2009

Inspiration comes from the strangest places...

Having been a very keen seamstress in the past, working with acorn & will, I have seriously neglected my sewing machine for some months, mainly due to baby Felix and a stint in a 'proper job' in Bath. However, changes are afoot, mainly due to Kirsty Allsopp - strangely!







I have watched her show with curiosity, many of the ideas I have seen on blogs or in my friend Daniella's home, but in spite of all that, she has given me reason to think. I have always loved the idea to taking time to create a home with different pieces, old and new, and loved creating things to add to my home. Kirsty has made me think that maybe, inspite of the son who doesn't sleep I can continue to do this, to make an envelope cushion, rather than one with an invisible zip, and that it might be quicker and easier to make my place mats rather than scour the stores for them.

So, watch this space, as I try to reintroduce crafting into my world, as well as looking after Felix, the house, and Livvy and Me. Am I living in a dream world? Perhaps, but at least it will be beautiful! Jennifer x

No comments: